Digital lifestyle

In todays world, digital media is a big part of everyones lives, including mine. It is also important because most people depend on this media to either see whats going on in the world, for personal use, and for entertainment. In my day to day life, my phone is attached to my hip, it is always by my side. I use my phone to check my email, go into my apps that i have downloaded, stay in touch with my friends, and listen to music. Other media i use throughout the day includes television, which has many different sources of digital media that i can get from it. 

Sites and aplications used most often in my day 
  • Instagram, twitter: These two are at the top of my list because social media is growing on people more and more every day. I know the eyes of the youth right now are glued to their phones at all times because its the generation they grew up in. Out of these two, i use instgram the most. I like instgram and use it the most because it lets me see what all my friends are doing at any certain time. Instgram also plays a big role because i love to post photos for my followers to see. Posting photos is exciting to me because i love to edit my photos in order to get the most out of the picture i want to post. There are many different filters and options that you can chose from that really make instagram an addicting site if you like photography. The second site i visit the mst throughout my day is twitter. I use twitter not only for following my friends, but also to follow news accounts. Twitter is my main source of staying up to date on any breaking news stories that are happening in the world. Other main reasons why twitter is very important to me is that it allows me to track trends that other people are doing, it allows me to have company contact and see their actions, and it is a creative outlet.
  • Sportscenter: Before i go to bed and right as i wake up, sportcenter is on the tv for me to watch. This source of digital media allows me to track news in the sports world. Since i play hockey, i love to stay up to date with all the athletes, mostly in hockey. But i also like to know facts about football players, and baseball players. Sportscenter also allows me to see what the athletes are doing off of the playing field. I grew up watching sportscenter and it has just stuck with me through the years due to my love of sports and knowledge.
  • Spotify: The third and last type of digital media i use the most is spotify. This allows me to listen to music to and from commuting to school every day. It also plays a big part before my hockey games and getting me ready to play. But spotify is more than just listening to music. Spotify allows to to create playlists of music for other people to see and it also allows you to follow major musicians or your personal friends playlists. The best thing about this source of music is that it allows you to stay up to date with major musicians. Spotify will send you notifications through your phone when someone has dropped a new album or song. This lets you have the most recent music available.
Positive or negative reactions when using certain types of digital media

I would say that i have both positive and negative reactions when i use the types of digital media i described above. For instagram and twitter, the positive reaction is that i can stay up to date with my friends and what activities they are doing and also stay up to date with top news stories. I would also say that these two have have negative reactions on me because in a way, they dont make me want to put down my phone, which could hurt my social life. Sportscenter and spotify have only positive reactions when i use them because they dont get in the way of other activities and they dont hurt my personal life.

Needs satisfied with one type of digital media over another

I feel like my needs are satisfied more with spotify than any other digital media. This is because music plays a huge role in my life. Not only for getting pumped up before a game, but to calm me down in situations, or get my mind off of things when i have a bad or stressful day. Spotify lets me escape the real world in times of need so that i can get my mind off things and regroup myself. Without music, life would be plain and boring. Whatever mood im in, spotify lets me listen to any type of music and satisfies the needs more than any other type of media and or social media for me.

Do you recieve emails from companies

I recieve emails from companies mainly because i bought one of their products online. For example, i bought a pair of rayban sunglasses through their website about a year ago. About every week or so i will recieve an email from them talking about their new products or specials that they have. The emails that catch my attention are the ones that provide information about a big sale that they are having. Other than that i will just glance through the email and delete it because it did not get my attention. Im looking for these types of emails because of demand. Its time for a new pair of sunglasses, and if i see an email with words like sale or special in them, im most likely going to click on the link and see if they have anything to offer that i may like.

What do you notice about the use of digital media in marketing today

The main thing i notice is that companies and busnisses are finding more and more ways to get their market strategies out to the public. Whether your on the highway, walking through your town, watching tv, or on social media, you will see advertisements of companies. Advertisements can be on bill boards, your Facebook page, and pretty much every tv commercial. Digital media is a big part of companies success and companies will keep on evolving with marketing strategies due to the new technology that our society is seeing day to day.







a


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone has a Voice

Easy Money